Sunday, September 23, 2007

Building Firefox



WOW! I finally finish building Firefox. It took a little bit over 90 minutes on my laptop. My laptop is quite old (Pentium M 1.5Ghz, 512 ram). At first, i read over the instructions on how to build but i ended up encountering some errors. I re-read the instructions and i seem to have miss a key line... which was

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser

which is needed. I thought it wasn't necessary so i spent some time figuring things out. My overall experience of building Firefox is pretty exciting as i have never build anything this BIG before. There are so much source code and files to process, i don't even know where to start reading. I am surely going to look at this browser in more detail down the road.

No comments: