Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Cathedral and the Bazaar

I just finish reading this article and it really gave me a good impression on the concept of Open source development. The 19 points/highlights explained how to adapt/work in the open source community and for the success of projects. The 'fetchmail' project was a excellent example from the starting point to now, how people in the community collaborate together to develop something so powerful. At the end of the article, i am humble by this statement...

"I think that the cutting edge of open-source software will belong to people who start from individual vision and brilliance, then amplify it through the effective construction of voluntary communities of interest."

I think this is what open source is all about. I now know the importance of open source and hope to learn and work with these concepts.

No comments: